Thyroxine (Levothyroxine, of L-thyroxine, tetraiodothyronine, T4) – the main hormone of the thyroid gland. Thyroxine maloaktiven biologically using special enzyme is converted in the body into a more active form – triiodothyronine. Thyroxine is used in medicine for the treatment of hypothyroidism, thyroxine also is widely used in bodybuilding as a means for weight loss.
Triiodothyronine (T3) or liothyronine – often used for weight loss instead of thyroxine, mechanism of action, they are almost identical. Triiodothyronine is available under the trade names Cytomel, Triakana and others. In the sports environment is popular brand of Tsitover Vermodje. In Russia, T3 pharmacies available.
What is the difference between T3 and T4
Thyroid gland secretes mainly T4 (thyroxine) – this in itself has poor hormone biological activity in tissues but it is converted into the more active form T3 (triiodothyronine or Cytomel) using selenium-dependent enzyme monodeiodinase. T3 in turn has a major biological effect. Thus, T4 may assume a prohormone that is converted in tissue to the main hormone T3. A detailed description here .
Many resources, triiodothyronine is considered the best option, but research shows otherwise. Quote of the clinical pharmacology of Goodman, the last 12 of the 2010 edition – the most authoritative book on pharmacology in the world:
Liothyronine is less desirable for chronic replacement therapy due to the requirement for more frequent dosing (plasma t1 / 2 0.75 days =), Higher cost, and the transient elevations of serum T3 Concentrations the above the normal range . Addition with In, Organs That express the use of the type 2 the Locally deiodinase generated T3 in addition to plasma T3, and hence there is Theoretical sinking concern for These Organs That will of not Maintain Physiological intracellular T3 a levels in the plasma convulsive absence of the T4.
Total we have:
- T3 significantly more expensive
- T3 creates an undesirable concentration fluctuations
- Fabrics used deiodinase type 2 further triiodothyronine, which is formed inside of the T4 cells. This means that the intracellular levels of T3 in these tissues will be lower, even if the concentration of thyroxine remains unchanged (while taking the drug and for burning fat it is below the norm). From any source can be found, that is synthesized in the adipose tissue of type 2 deiodinase.
- According to the athletes, the T4 has a less destructive effect on the muscles.
- 25-100 mg / day of T3 equivalent ≈300 mg / day T4
From the arguments above, it follows that thyroxine is preferable to burn fat, at least three criteria. In rare cases, T4 shows low efficiency as on the background of a low-carb diet reduced the level of its conversion into T3.
Effects of thyroxine
- Acceleration of metabolism
- Increased heat production
- Fat Burning
- Stimulatory effect on the CNS
- Appetite Suppression
- Reduced need for sleep
- Improving physical performance
On the effectiveness of the thyroxine is superior to most of the existing fat burners, including pharmacological. Read more: physiological effect.
Side effects of thyroxine and T3
- Tachycardia (heart rate), increased blood pressure – eliminating beta-blockers
- Diarrhea – eliminated loperamide
- muscle tremors
- Dry mouth
- Feeling the heat
- Reduced thyroid function (occurs when long rates and very high doses of thyroxine, in the use of recommended doses, function is restored in 3-4 weeks)
- Allergic rash
Detailed description of the side effects can be found in the instructions. Furthermore, you need a specialist consultation to identify contraindications.
Many women and bodybuilders resort to the use of thyroxine as a means for weight loss. Thyroxine has a powerful fat burning effect, increases the calorie consumption and metabolism. His popularity has declined in recent years due to the negative impact on the heart, thyroxin has adrenalin effect, causing the heart to beat faster, and with it a feeling of excitement and anxiety, which is not very well tolerated. However, many side effects can be eliminated if the combined thyroxin and beta-blockers. Beta blockers inhibit the receptors through which affects heart thyroxine thus they prevent the adverse effect on thyroxin heart rhythm normalizes and reduce expression of side effects of some other thyroxine.
Many believe that the thyroxine may irreversibly suppress the function of their own thyroid, but studies have shown that even large doses of 3 weeks of reduced secretion own hormones by only 20%, while after four weeks secretion returned to normal.
Thyroxine advantages: high availability and efficiency. Thyroxine disadvantages: a large enough number of side effects, but many of them can be prevented.
How to accept a thyroxine: a course for weight loss:
- Start receiving thyroxine 50 micrograms per day, 2 times per day (25 micrograms) in the first half of the day. In the morning take 25 mg of metoprolol (a beta-blocker that eliminates heart overload and heart rate), if the pulse rate after lunch above 70 bpm. per minute at rest, take another 25 mg of metoprolol.
- Gradually increase the dose to 150-300 mg per day, 3 times a day until 18:00. Increase daily dose of metoprolol to 100 mg (2 times daily 50 mg). Metoprolol dosage is adjusted individually, so that the heart rate at rest was 60-70 bpm. in a minute.
- Reduce the dose of thyroxine, if any significant side effects.
- Keep track of heart rate when at rest heart rate above 80 – increase the dose of metoprolol 25 mg if heart rate at rest below 60 beats per minute, reduce the dose of metoprolol 25 mg.
- Keep an eye on blood pressure, it should not be higher than 140/90 mm Hg. Art. Metoprolol can reduce blood pressure.
- Course Duration 4-7 weeks.
- Do not stop taking thyroxine sharply start to reduce the dose for 2 weeks before the end of the cycle, continue to gradually decline to complete abolition.
- If you have a diarrhea – included in the course loperamide 1-2 capsules per day.
- The minimum interval after the end of 3-4 weeks.
- If you have weight in the region of the heart is better to add Asparkam addition to metoprolol. 4-6 tablets per day, divided into 2-3 doses after meals. It is also completely superfluous to improve heart drug Riboxinum. 2-4 times per tablet, 2-3 times a day. Riboxinum improve the energy balance of the myocardium, and Asparkam become a source of potassium and magnesium, necessary for the maintenance of normal heart rhythm.
Course clenbuterol + thyroxine yohimbine
This combination is used in fat burners from CYX3 AxioLabs , and is one of the most powerful. You can save considerably if you take active substances separately. The high efficiency of the complex due to the fact that thyroxine (or triiodothyronine) is able to not only accelerate your own metabolism and start burning fat, but also to enhance the sensitivity of adrenergic receptors , which act through Clenbuterol and yohimbine.
One unit (. U) adopted the following combination of starting materials:
- Clenbuterol – 40 mcg
- Thyroxine – 25 mkg
- Yohimbine – 5 mg (available in sports supply stores)
Dosage is a multiple of said manufactured tablet form drugs. The complex can be excluded yohimbine if you can not buy it, at the same dosage and mode of reception of the remaining 2 drugs be the same again.
- Day 1-3: 1 unit.
- Day 4-6: 1.5 units.
- Day 7-9: 1 unit. morning 1 unit. after lunch
- Day 10-12: 1.5 units.
- Day 13-15: 1 unit.
- Day 16-19: 0.5 units.
- Day 20-21: 0, 25 units.
In the next three weeks it is recommended to give your body a rest, after which the course can be repeated. All the material is recommended to take 30 minutes before breakfast, drinking plain water.
In case of fever it is recommended intake of 1-2 mg of ketotifen in the afternoon. To protect the heart and reduce heart rate must be used beta blockers (metoprolol 50 mg 2 times a day).
This product is available in the following variations: